Mega Evolution Shop Nov 2, 2013 7:51:18 GMT -6
Post by Akira on Nov 2, 2013 7:51:18 GMT -6
This is where one goes to buy the stones used for Mega Evolving their Pokemon. As for Mega Evolution itself, just think of it as a Forme Change, but much more potent. Once they have Mega Evolved, most Pokemon gain a new Ability and, in a few cases, even change their Type.
However, the process of Mega Evolving a Pokemon is both physically and mentally taxing for the trainer, meaning it can only be done once per battle. Period. Even if you have more than one Pokemon capable of Mega Evolving on your team, once you Mega Evolve a Pokemon, the others will be unable to for the remainder of the battle.
Unlike other methods of evolving a Pokemon, Mega Evolution only occurs during battle, and is not permanent. It will wear off either when the battle is over or if they are knocked out. However, should you switch them out for another Pokemon, they will stay in their Mega Evolved form.
Either way, two things are needed to achieve Mega Evolution. The first of these is the Key Stone, which is usually embedded into an accessory of some sort. Examples from X and Y include;
- the Mega Ring, a bracelet worn by the Calem and Serena
- the Mega Glove, which is worn by Korrina...and is pretty much what it sounds like
- the Mega Charm, a necklace worn by the Kalos Champion, Diantha.
Either way, The Key Stone comes free with the purchase of a Mega Stone. However, if you wish to get one separately, then it will cost 3,000 TP. Either way, it will be embedded into an accessory of your choosing, free of charge. To trigger a Mega Evolution in battle, all the trainer needs to do is touch the Key Stone.
The second thing needed is the Mega Stone for the Pokemon you wish to Mega Evolve. Each Pokemon capable of Mega Evolution has a specific stone that is needed to trigger their Mega Evolution. The stone is treated as a held item, thus the Pokemon needs to hold it for the Mega Evolution to happen. Worth noting is that all Mega Stones are immune to the effects of move that result in the holder of a held item losing said held item (i.e. Thief, Knock Off, Trick, Fling, etc). Here is a list of currently-known Mega Stones;
- Abomasite: Allows an Abomasnow to Mega Evolve into Mega Abomasnow
- Absolite: Allows an Absol to Mega Evolve into Mega Absol
- Aerodactylite: Allows an Aerodactyl to Mega Evolve into Mega Aerodactyl
- Aggronite: Allows an Aggron to Mega Evolve into Mega Aggron
- Alakazite: Allows an Alakazam to Mega Evolve into Mega Alakazam
- Ampharosite: Allows an Ampharos to Mega Evolve into Mega Ampharos
- Banettite: Allows a Banette to Mega Evolve into Mega Banette
- Blastoisinite: Allows a Blastoise to Mega Evolve into Mega Blastoise
- Blazikenite: Allows a Blaziken to Mega Evolve into Mega Blaziken
- Charizardite X: Allows a Charizard to Mega Evolve into Mega Charizard X
- Charizardite Y: Allows a Charizard to Mega Evolve into Mega Charizard Y
- Garchompite: Allows a Garchomp to Mega Evolve into Mega Garchomp
- Gardevoirite: Allows a Gardevoir to Mega Evolve into Mega Gardevoir
- Gengarite: Allows a Gengar to Mega Evolve into Mega Gengar
- Gyaradosite: Allows a Gyarados to Mega Evolve into Mega Gyarados
- Heracronite: Allows a Heracross to Mega Evolve into Mega Heracross
- Houndoominite: Allows a Houndoom to Mega Evolve into Mega Houndoom
- Kangaskhanite: Allows a Kangaskhan to Mega Evolve into Mega Kangaskhan
- Lucarionite: Allows a Lucario to Mega Evolve into Mega Lucario
- Manectite: Allows a Manectric to Mega Evolve into Mega Manectric
- Mawilite: Allows a Mawile to Mega Evolve into Mega Mawile
- Medichamite: Allows a Medicham to Mega Evolve into Mega Medicham
- Pinsirite: Allows a Pinsir to Mega Evolve into Mega Pinsir
- Scizorite: Allows a Scizor to Mega Evolve into Mega Scizor
- Tyranitarite: Allows a Tyranitar to Mega Evolve into Mega Tyranitar
- Venusaurite: Allows a Venusaur to Mega Evolve into Mega Venusaur
If you wish to buy a Mega Stone...well, I'm afraid they're not cheap. They cost 10,000 TP each. However, if you feel like trying your luck, it is possible to find Mega Stones by digging in the Fossil Cave. However, it will be random.